Trivin

 In September 2006 I was hired at TriVIN.  I really liked this job. The first department I was in was not a good fit. My typing sucked big time. So I was moved over to Reg USA section. Here there was a lot of sexual harassment is the way it would be described.  

The guys would ask what color kind of under ware I was wearing and other things like that. I always would give push back. I could give as good as I got. 

This one guy in particular was Tracy was always saying sexual things to me.  He kept asking me for naked pictures, after a few months of this I took a picture of a woman at the beach and I sent it to him saying you want me to play here you go.  That was the beginning of  the end.  He kept asking me to send a picture of his wife in the shower to a person in upper management which I said no to. Being a trusting soul I did not lock my computer when I walked away from it.  Tracy apparently sent this picture from my PC. 

Before this I had been called into HR because of my give back. I had already sent the photo to Tracy and from that day forward I was on my best behavior but with in 3 days I was out the door.  I was scared, angry, hurt sad. 

But when I left HR i told them to check the In coming messages to me and my replies. 

The next day 5 other people were walked out. 

I personally did not take what the guys were doing as harassment. I was one woman in a department of men.

I had gotten involved with a man named Henry, one morning he came in and his shoulder was really sore so me being me, I rubbed his shoulder for a bit with his permission. I had no idea this was sexual harassment. 

But apparently it was.  It took me a week or so to talk to Henry after this first incident, he was so mad that someone made that complaint he walked into the bosses office and quit on the spot. 

Honestly to this day I often wonder if he actually made that complaint. Not that it would make sense seeing as he and I had a very intimate physical relationship at the time. 

But this whole incident changed me.  I was afraid to talk to anyone, afraid to partake in jokes and become friendly at work with anyone. 

Slowly over the years I lost that fun sexy humorous part of me.  I closed myself off from family and friends, 

I went to work. Kept all co-workers at arms length or a further distance and depression took over. 

It has been 13 years and I still have not fully recovered. 

I found out that I still have it!!     I attended my daughters best friends wedding a few weeks ago and i had the best time. A guy named David was being a gentleman in the beginning helping me down the steps and across the Lawn for family photos. But then he started say inappropriate things that caused me to laugh, then he was flirtatious.  I found out I was still myself it was just deep down waiting to come back out. 

Comments